My Last Bonus Level My Last Bonus Level

I love Chiptune Rock and you nailed down the mix really well this is great. Would be cool if it had vocals too but alone it already sounds great. The melody is moving and varies a lot so it doesn't feel repetitive at all. Favorited

Mattashi responds:

Yeah, I would love to add vocals but I'm pretty horrible at singing maybe if someone would want to collab with me that would be cool :)
Since it has no vocals I focused more on making the song sound not too repetitive
Thanks for listening!

Black Days Black Days

Nice dude I just took a look at this track after reviewing your last track. This ones good too, very Blue Stahli/Celldweller. Great Energy it would be great with some vocals but still solid alone, some douche voted 1 on this but this deserves a way better score.

Final Battle Final Battle

Awesome, this sounds kind of Muse-ish. I like the build up at the beginning and rhythm but the main melody get a little repetitive. That change up in the middle keeps it from going stale though so nice work dude

The Things I Wanna Say The Things I Wanna Say

Pretty good man, it would help if you enunciated just a little more. Also the beat is nice the low bass was a great touch but it needs more melodic elements. I think you got good potential.

Polargeist Polargeist

Awesome, your mixing is getting really good! you definitely achieved the ice theme well this song has a very atmospheric feeling to it. I haven't listened to any music from the portal in a long time (trying to change that) but I remember the last time I came across one of your songs I thought it was great but it was missing a little mixing. You've made so much progress with sound clarity AND your song is catchy, an awesome combination. Good job dude.

Step responds:

Heyyy! Nice to hear from you again.

Yeah I like to think I've been making improvements in the mixing department over the years. I've also found out how useful compressors are JUST RECENTLY, and I've been making music for nearly 5 years haha. I'm glad you think that my songs have improved clarity-wise though! However, I think I'm a bit better at mixing orchestral since that's what I make most of the time, along with the fact that it's a lot easier to mix than electronic songs.

Thanks for reviewing!

Blood and Asphalt Blood and Asphalt

Really nice, the song is really expressive. I knew I was going to like it from the start it definitely has good video game vibes to it like maybe for a title screen

ZStriefel responds:

Thanks man :D

~SM64 - Road to Bowser~ ~SM64 - Road to Bowser~

awesome remix

i love the acid back up sound, i like how you gave it a personality like most of your other songs and its awesome you took on this song (which is hard to do right) and managed to hold your own against paragonX9's track.

VGSongbird responds:

WHOA. I don't know about hold my own against ParagonX9, but I'm flattered that you even mentioned us in the same breath ^_^

Simple Sight 2010 instrumental Simple Sight 2010 instrumental

nice

the only reason the vocal version wasn't as good as it could of been was because the compression was so intense as well as the maximization the song kept getting drowned out but other than that great job updating this track.

RealFaction responds:

well yeah there was that but also i want my voice to be better but i guess it doesn't go well with this type of thing lol but thanks

N's Farewell [B/W] N's Farewell [B/W]

nice remake

the first 3 notes always remind me of mother 3. did you play this on a piano and add on the extra strings later? because the piano sounds so natural and real.

CelestOrion responds:

Nah, I did this in FL, but played around with the note placement where it would feel comfortable where your fingers would roll across the keyboard keys, since I can play this one on my MIDI keyboard as well. It was some really fun practice, for sure.

**MK64 Rainbow Road** **MK64 Rainbow Road**

nice piece

i like the mute kick bass in the beginning it sounded like it was gonna be a build up to a drum and bass break which would have also been cool, you gave it a good atmosphere i like the scratching you threw into the background and the stereo-izing filters. it could use some extra energy but it sounds great

VGSongbird responds:

Thank you for your input! :)

When I was initially working on this piece, I thought about putting in an epic drum and bass underneath, but it just felt forced, and I really liked the trance feel I was getting, so I left it be. But you and I had the same thought process ;)